what to do with things you do not like or need

when you start out working with clay, you find very shortly that you have run out of space, relatives and friends to give things to, ideas for new stuff.   try doing this instead, look at Google maps and enter "Whimzeyland" for a look at one solution.   i have not been there for several years and it appears to have grown in my absence.  check out all the photos, you have probably never seen anything like it.

I don't have a housing association like liam, but where I live I wouldn't even risk displaying a mosaic pathway made of my hammered up glazed clay discards..tempting though it may be. It would probably be too much color, chaos, and fragmentation for the local folk-the type who think all artists are strange. What I do with what I don't want/need is either give it to where it's appreciated and will do some good, or sell it and buy more clay & glaze.

that place used to be known as the "bowling ball house" but now they are almost buried in the other things.  it is a tourist attraction.  the people who built is raised a lot of money for an arts center downtown in  safety harbor, fl.  that center is in some of the photos posted. 

the town is on tampa bay and is a mixture of ordinary houses built awhile back, extremely expensive fancy places for the wealthy visitor to feel superior to the common man and several small mobile home parks which are going to get gobbled up and made into huge condo blocks that will prevent anyone else from even seeing the water.  just a pity.

Archived