Did I get it wrong

I really need some help with the mixing of high fire glazes and medium.

I have these 2 urns and my plan was to have a shiny white interior (stoneware 1200° C) interior with Amaco brush on on the outside, I've done the inside firing to 1200 with a 20min hold. My problem is that the interior has crawled badly so I thought I'd put crushed glass into it and refire, but having already fired to 1200 will the Amaco glazes actually work?

TIA

Andrea

So you fired with only the inside glazed to1200?

And now you are to apply outside glaze and retire?

Would be pretty difficult to apply glaze successfully I think.

Is it just the bottom of interior which is crawled?

Glass would craze imo

Yes Babs, I'm a real idiot. I don't know how my train of thought got so wrong. 

I've seen vids where reglazing is done, but I don't think they were originally fired to cone 8.

I was going to use the Amaco glazes and fire to cone 5. 

Since there is major crawling inside and one of the lids has cracked I think it is not even worth trying. I may just use one of them as a test at some stage just for curiosity. 

You can refire something that has already been glaze fired, it is just a bit tricker, and the clay body is vitrified and doesn't hold on to the glaze as well as a porous body would.

Glazing vitrified wares takes multiple light coats.  You could also try adding an additive to the glaze, like a gum, that could help it adhere to the ware.  I've also heard of people heating the wares first, either in an oven, or even with a heat gun or hair dryer.   The hot surface causes the water to evaporate faster, meaning the glaze dries and sticks faster, similar to how it would on a porous surface.

Andrea if the lid has a crack then forget it.  It’s become a test piece... which is a happy accident.  

Just reglaze with white inside and see how it works. 

As a test I have glazed as a 3rd fire after taking it to cone 6.  Some of the results I’ve liked because I like texture. But it’s been hard to replicate.   

Archived