Glaze issue

22 hours ago, glazenerd said:

Bisq lower, so the clay remains more open and porous. Glaze fire to cone 04 to start; from reading you are firing to cone 06?  The type of work you are making requires that you do not get the glaze excessively fluid: the danger of running into other colors goes up as it gets more fluid.

Copied and added paragraph breaks, this may make more sense oldlady:

Bisq lower, so the clay remains more open and porous.

Glaze fire to cone 04 to start; from reading you are firing to cone 06?  

The type of work you are making requires that you do not get the glaze excessively fluid: the danger of running into other colors goes up as it gets more fluid.

6 hours ago, neilestrick said:

Have you put cones into the kiln to confirm that it's firing to 07?

This is something I'm really going to do... After all this problems without solution with glazes I've just discorverd yesterday that the kiln is 16 years old! And has never had any maintenance or calibration! So the first thing I will do next firing is to put some cones inside the kiln... this is something I've alreadt planned... How can I raise threads without even being sure of the temperature in the kiln?

• 1 month later...

Finally I've done it!

I have applied a couple of your suggestions: thinner glaze layers, no sanding, clean with water and soap (not only water) and work with gloves. And finally I've succeeded in obtain a decent result! (neglect the one on left-bottom, it's a failed test with underglazes...)

Thank you again for your suggestions!

IMG-20180123-WA0001.jpg

Archived