Help with new (old) wheel please

Bobbo

Hi, I just bought this wheel and would be really grateful for some help setting the handle/pedal up properly. I can't find a makers plate anywhere on, or in, the cabinet. The plate on the side with technical info has the model as WHD which I think might be a Wenger.

Anyway, as you can see from the photos the handle has come off and although I can bodge it to make it work as a foot pedal I'd really like to set it up how it was originally meant to be.

If anyone can give me any ideas of the make/model or even better a manual I'd be truly grateful. If someone has something similar a rough sketch or photo of how you have it set up would be great too.

Thanks,

Rob.

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

I did PM Bobbo that the wheel looks similar to the old Shimpos. I also sent a link to see if it looked similar. Maybe the folks at the link could ID the wheel, but he might be better off if he could find someone in UK that repairs wheels as they may be able to help him if they can ID it.

best,

Pres

• 1 month later...

bobbo, if you just want to set up the handle, i would try using the clues you have.  the handle shows a round rust spot at the small hole.  it appears there is only one bolt of that size that is visible.  have you tried attaching the parts so the rusty spots line up?

• 1 month later...

That's brilliant, thank you so much. Could you possibly post a picture from a bit further away so I can see the whole assembly?

Also, do you know the make and model?

Thanks again I'm really grateful to everybody for their help.

Rob.

As far as I know it’s a Ratcliffe wheel but which model exactly I don’t know. The plate on mine is the same as yours:- model  WHD. Hopefully this view gives you a better idea. The padding at each end was just to protect our shins and feet from accidental painful contact!

47A9AFC3-27B1-4A79-A8B1-C970ED1051AE.jpeg

• 3 weeks later...

Archived