I Need A New Wheel. Has To Be Slow, Precise, Good Torque. Thinking Of Brent B.

I have never noticed this vibration on my wood floor with my 5 Brent wheels

I just had new bearing pressed in to one of my brents and It does not vibrate like your s did.

The shimpo is very smooth but lacks high end torque (I have used these as demo wheels while giving workshops)it also very quiet.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Mark C. said:

I have never noticed this vibration on my wood floor with my 5 Brent wheels

I just had new bearing pressed in to one of my rents and It does not vibrate like your s did.

The shimpo is very smooth but lacks high end torque (I have used these as demo wheels while giving workshops)it also very quiet.

It might depend on which controller you have. Brent has gone through a bunch of different controllers over the years, now they're back to the 'Classic Controller'. Not sure why they're not using a better controller like the Skutt/TS wheels. Lots of adjustments on those to tailor them to your needs.

Thanks for the replies.

I had a long chat with the shop, so I have no reason to disbelieve them.   It is terribly annoying, since the whole process of getting the wheel and sorting out a replacement took a few weeks.

Unfortunately the timing of all this meant I wasn't able to try other wheels beforehand.  The closest place I could have gone to was shut - and even then only had Shimpos and Brents.   It would not have affected the outcome.  I needed a wheel, since I had already got rid of my previous one.

Maybe the RK3E will prove to be underpowered in the long run, but it was the most powerful, most viable, option.  The wheel has to fit the studio.   

• 2 weeks later...

Does anyone know how to stop the Shimpo splashpan from slipping/spinning when pressure is applied?  I've made sure it's attached correctly, but it still rotates.   A doorstop didn't help, so I'm wondering if I should use sticky velcro or something else. 

Any ideas or proved methods?

• 4 months later...

OK I just learned that if the motor tension spring is adjusted to tight the whole wheel can vibrate on a Brent .If your wheel is vibrating make sure the motor tension spring is nit to tight-if it is loosen the bracket  or both and take some tension off the spring

Archived