Dipping Paper Resisted Items?

I always spray my paper resist slip decoration. Never thought about dipping. Sounds challenging.

Marcia

Marcia, I have wondered about spraying slip. Do you just thin the slip untill it's ??? thin and spray like glaze? Will it run off verticle pieces? I love doing slip and spraying might give a smoother coat of the color.

I love using plain old hardware store wide masking tape for paper resist - sticks like crazy but is also easy to peel off. I apply strips of it to a piece, and then carefully used a sharp x-acto knife to cut away the design. It's especially good for resist on bisqueware, and seems to survive both dipping and spraying without coming off, curling up at the edges, or getting cruddy like some self-stick paper labels I've tried.

I always spray my paper resist slip decoration. Never thought about dipping. Sounds challenging.

Marcia

Marcia, I have wondered about spraying slip. Do you just thin the slip untill it's ??? thin and spray like glaze? Will it run off verticle pieces? I love doing slip and spraying might give a smoother coat of the color.

I wet the paper stencil so it will stick to the piece. I spray a thin coat of underglaze stain with an air brush

Marcia

Archived