Best Way To Sell Surplus Materials?

So I had plans to build a larger wood kiln and got around 2000 very large fire brick (14" long). I think it is going to be too costly to operate with any profit. So I want to get rid of the brick and put the money into a smaller more manageable/cost effective kiln. Which would make my wife much happier with me, especially having 12 pallets of brick out of the driveway. What do you guys think is a good place to advertise the brick, short of paying the large cost for an ad (wife would kill me)and waiting 2 months for publishing? CL has not been very successful but I may try again. I want to reach actual potters who might want to buy them and not just the everage public who doesnt care. What would you guys do?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

So I had plans to build a larger wood kiln and got around 2000 very large fire brick (14" long). I think it is going to be too costly to operate with any profit. So I want to get rid of the brick and put the money into a smaller more manageable/cost effective kiln. Which would make my wife much happier with me, especially having 12 pallets of brick out of the driveway. What do you guys think is a good place to advertise the brick, short of paying the large cost for an ad (wife would kill me)and waiting 2 months for publishing? CL has not been very successful but I may try again. I want to reach actual potters who might want to buy them and not just the everage public who doesnt care. What would you guys do?

On Yahoo is a group called potterbarters. http://groups.yahoo.com/group/potterbarter/ They seem to sell online from all over the US, don't know how effective it is but it's another option.

Renee

Archived