Omron E5T temperature controller

TGreen

I have a KL-50 Denver Glass Machinery Kiln with an Omron E5T Temperature Controller. Is anyone familiar with this controller? My husband always programmed it and he passed away last year. I need to use this kiln but I can’t figure out how to even turn it on and I have a manual but it’s not user friendly. I’m in Westport CT and would like to find and pay someone to help with this .

5 hours ago, TGreen said:

I’m in Westport CT and would like to find and pay someone to help with this

These are traditionally a style controller that is based on PID logic. Finding someone local probably makes the most sense. While not impossible, if you are not familiar it can be quite a challenge. Next best in my opinion, If you let us know the model # of the Omron control, maybe post a picture and the schedules that you desire ( bisque- cone, glaze - cone) we could probably create a step by step that you would need to enter once. Additionally Omron has software I believe (free), that makes this a bit easier. 

These types of controllers are general purpose so they often have a whole lot of options in the programming which may not be necessary for you specific application. They can seem very complicated until you narrow down exactly which parameters are needed. I looked up that model and there are a lot of different variations out there. Any chance you can find us a digital copy of the manual, or even just post a picture of the manual cover and we'll see if we can find one.

If the unit was programmed using OMRON software (CX-Thermo), the computer/laptop and connection cable could make checking out the controller much easier, and, if the OP could facilitate remote session to the computer, perhaps in person investigation won't be required. Maybe.

I'm seeing several (twenty-five) E5 models; three end in "-T"
E5CC-T, E5EC-T, E5AC-T

My guess would be the E5AC-T model.

My cousin manages a stained-glass shop in the Denver area.
If they have any ideas/info on the controller and/or kiln, I'll pass them along...

1 hour ago, Hulk said:

I'm seeing several (twenty-five) E5 models; three end in "-T"
E5CC-T, E5EC-T, E5AC-T

I found adverts for two controllers with just  E5T on the front. 

Sadly for one the model number is given as E5T-C91C, and for the other E5T or E5T-S91K or E5TS91K.
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/152716851921
https://www.ebay.com/itm/176396243049?chn=ps&mkevt=1&mkcid=28

I think @neilestrick's suggestion of a photo of the manual's cover might reveal the full model number of the controller in question.

The E5T model may predate CX-Thermo (configuration software); the model is not listed here: Software | OMRON, Europe

The printed manual you have (if complete) - looks like that would be enough info to get going!
I'm not finding a matching e version of the manual*.

Hope you are able to find someone who can help TGreen!

*Make a backup copy!
If you have access to a scanner, having an e copy may be helpful...

On 10/11/2024 at 10:04 PM, TGreen said:

I finally figured out how to downsize my photo.Here’s the front of the controller.

It looks like many OMERON controllers have things like the actual model number on the RHS of the device. As shown at https://tinyurl.com/4kmfe4kx

Can you see if yours does, and post the model number?

PS
The first page of this manual shows 12 different models within the E5[]C subset of these controllers.*
https://datasheet.octopart.com/E5ECQR4A5M000-Omron-datasheet-154763543.pdf

The third page shows how E5GC-RX1A6M-015 consists of E5GC followed by lots of hardware options.

Hopefully the actual entry of time/temperature profiles is essentially the same for the entire E5T family!

* [] is my attempt at duplicating a white square symbol.

On 10/11/2024 at 7:59 AM, Hulk said:

My cousin manages a stained-glass shop in the Denver area.
If they have any ideas/info on the controller and/or kiln, I'll pass them along...

Cousin says Denver Glass Machinery kilns have been closed for about three years, too bad, they made high quality kilns.
They've seen them fitted with Bartlett controllers, not familiar with the OMRON