I want to troubleshoot by diagnostic numbers, not the “vibes”

I'm using 9999* w/o error, fwiw. :)

See page 9 (and several others)
Genesis Operation Manual 4-10-2024-web.pdf (hotkilns.com)

*for "uncontrolled" drop to -100ºF from peak for the "healing up" hold.
Perusing the logfile, interesting! All zeroes at the start of the hold, until the top segment was -20°F below the hold value, then it fired some, and three minutes later, the bottom fired, and finally, after fifteen minutes, the middle fired some as well to maintain the hold...

...for a controlled drop, an achievable value would be important, if all three segments are to ramp the same?
From the hold to 1850°F, I'm ramping down 160°/hour, where the top and bottom kick in at first, and much later, the middle as well, to maintain the specified rate.

Edited by Hulk
italics, and ramping down evenly, plus add for clarity

1 hour ago, Callie Beller Diesel said:

I can’t pinpoint where I read this recently, as I’ve gone over a lot of material. But if you enter 9999 in the Genesis 2.0 controller, it’ll give some kind of error or wrong reading. Entering 5555 instead will give you that cooling ramp though.

9999 is for us stupids still using Fahrenheit, while 5555 is for the smart ones using Centigrade.

Canadians use imperial/Fahrenheit and metric/Celcius in a very interchangeable and arbitrarily decided set of circumstances. There is no rhyme or reason to it, and the systems blur together sometimes. There’s a meme about it that runs around on facebook with some frequency. It’s funny, because it’s absolutely true.