Getting purple glaze to come out purple.

For a long time I had all kinds of trouble getting my purple glaze to come out purple. Can anyone relate?
Everyone kept telling me it was the clear glaze that it couldn't have zinc in it.  I spent all kinds of money trying to find a glaze that wouldn't make my purple blue to no avail. Then I started having other problems and found out I was packing the kiln too tight. I've been putting more space between shelves. I couldn't believe it, my purple came out purple! It was lack of proper oxygen that caused the purple to turn blue! Hope this will help someone.

8 hours ago, karend5 said:

For a long time I had all kinds of trouble getting my purple glaze to come out purple. Can anyone relate?
Everyone kept telling me it was the clear glaze that it couldn't have zinc in it.  I spent all kinds of money trying to find a glaze that wouldn't make my purple blue to no avail. Then I started having other problems and found out I was packing the kiln too tight. I've been putting more space between shelves. I couldn't believe it, my purple came out purple! It was lack of proper oxygen that caused the purple to turn blue! Hope this will help someone.

In response to the question "Can anyone relate?"

I agree with Peter. There’s a few mechanisms that will get you a purple glaze, and they’re very different at cone 6 than at cone 10. You don’t mention if there’s reduction atmosphere in the mix. 

A mid fire chrome tin pink with cobalt may burn out with a bit of extra heat work caused by a tight pack. Or a cone 10 reuduction copper red with cobalt may be reoxidizing properly with the additional circulation. Same net result, different root causes.