Clay Manufacturers in Pacific Northwest

Hi all, I was wondering what my options were for clay in the pacific northwest.

I am in eastern WA, so not really close to anything lol, but I was thinking Seattle pottery supply, clay art center, and maybe georgies were the ones 'near' me? Any I am missing?

I would like to order locally although there are some clays from aardvark, kentucky mud works, etc. I like... wondering if once you order enough to get it shipped freight if shipping costs are really that big of a factor...

Edited by HenryBurlingame

I've used claybodies made by the three companies you have mentioned plus some Laguna bodies that SPS carries. Didn't care for the Georgies clay I used. I've had porcelain shipped up to Canada from Tacoma Clay Art, nice clay, freight was not crazy expensive, if you call them they will give you an estimate. I think it's more about finding which body you like using.

• 2 weeks later...
4 hours ago, HenryBurlingame said:

Does anyone have any preferences between Seattle Pottery Supply and Clay Art Center?

Thanks again!

I'm in BC, when I drive to Seattle it isn't much further to Clay Art Center so I usually do both on the same trip. SPS has a larger selection of pottery supplies but both are worth going to.  Is there anywhere in Spokane selling supplies?

23 hours ago, Min said:

I'm in BC, when I drive to Seattle it isn't much further to Clay Art Center so I usually do both on the same trip. SPS has a larger selection of pottery supplies but both are worth going to.  Is there anywhere in Spokane selling supplies?

Hey Min, I'm just wondering if you have any clay preferences between those two...

I'm also like 3 hours away from spokane. Middle of nowhere lol...

Edited by HenryBurlingame

1 hour ago, HenryBurlingame said:

Hey Min, I'm just wondering if you have any clay preferences between those two...

I'm also like 3 hours away from spokane. Middle of nowhere lol...

I'm kind of hesitant to favour one over the other as I've used more of Tacoma's in-house mixed claybodies than from SPS. I tried half a dozen or so of the porcelains from Tacoma, settled on the Glacier and used that for a few years. It fires a grey white, not super white, nice body to throw. I also like their New Zealand halloysite body, super expensive but gorgeous clay. Maybe you could sweet talk Tacoma into shipping you a 50lb box of sample size chunks of clay so you could give them a try before driving there? It's a long shot but Laguna used to sell sample boxes so maybe??? If it fits it ships rate.