Bartlett Genesis controller data export problem

Running a Paragon Firefly with a Genesis controller. Trying to export data from my first 10 firings. Connected to my internet fine, but green READY prompt doesn't show up. Typing in the shown address code with /login gives me "Access Denied" error. I'm pretty computer literate, I logged into my Verizon router and confirmed the connection. Is there anything else I need to do? Am I missing something? Thanks for any help or suggestions.

The computer you're using must be connected to the same wifi as the controller. Many routers are dual band and may also have a guest channel so make sure you're not on different bands. Also try doing a firmware update, as that often fixes a lot of problems.

I have two kilns with the Bartlett Genesis controllers,  I need to sign up and pay a monthly fee to access more information from my firings.  Are you a member?  Perhaps you need to be to access your info.  I am not very computer literate so I haven't joined.     Denice

1 hour ago, Denice said:

I have two kilns with the Bartlett Genesis controllers,  I need to sign up and pay a monthly fee to access more information from my firings.  Are you a member?  Perhaps you need to be to access your info.  I am not very computer literate so I haven't joined.     Denice

You do not need to pay for the upgrade in order to be able to download firing logs. The upgrade is to get alerts, and it's worth it IMO.

The files are just one long list of the status of the firing every 30 seconds. They are in .csv format, which is one of the formats that the usual spreadsheet suspects (Microsoft Excel, Open Office Libre, Apple Numbers) can open. Once the list is open in the spreadsheet, you can look for unusual events, or do some calculations on the actual temperature changes over 1 or 5 or 10 minute intervals to compare to what was programed. And if you want to get fancy, use the graphing capability of the spreadsheet to draw a picture of the temperatures over the duration of the firing.

As Dick said, the logs show the status every 30 seconds. The set point is the temperature the kiln is trying to achieve. It is always changing unless it's in a hold, and typically the thermocouple readings are a couple of degrees behind the set point. The logs are most handy when looking at kilns with multiple zones, as you can then see if a zone is lagging behind the others and/or causing problems.

6 hours ago, neilestrick said:

You do not need to pay for the upgrade in order to be able to download firing logs. The upgrade is to get alerts, and it's worth it IMO.

What kind of alerts do they send?  Denice

8 minutes ago, Denice said:

What kind of alerts do they send?  Denice

You can get push or text notifications any time there's a change to the kiln status- start of firing, end of firing, or error. Super handy of you aren't around your kilns all day while they're firing.

16 hours ago, Dick White said:

The files are just one long list of the status of the firing every 30 seconds. They are in .csv format, which is one of the formats that the usual spreadsheet suspects (Microsoft Excel, Open Office Libre, Apple Numbers) can open. Once the list is open in the spreadsheet, you can look for unusual events, or do some calculations on the actual temperature changes over 1 or 5 or 10 minute intervals to compare to what was programed. And if you want to get fancy, use the graphing capability of the spreadsheet to draw a picture of the temperatures over the duration of the firing.

I think this is a graph of one (or should that be a smooth graph based on the data in one)

Edited by PeterH