Help finding the right extension cord for GT400

Hi all, 

Baby potter here. I was gifted a Pacifica GT400 that I want to use outdoors (under a covered canopy). While the manual does not recommend using an extension cord, when I reached out to Laguna they said, “We have no suggestion on extension cord except it should be a thick extension cord, not a cord used for a lamp.” For reference, the control box is labeled "110 V ac  ⏺ 50/60 Hz ⏺ 2.2 A". Can anyone recommend what extension cord to use specifically plug into an outdoor outlet? Thanks in advance!

It’s a wheel, at 2.2 amps you are free to use most any three wire extension cord. So 3 wire 16/3, maybe 15 ft is rated well beyond your wheel. I would change the receptacle it is plugged into to a gfi receptacle  with appropriate cover from weather. You can buy a cord with the gfi built in, but they are fairly pricey.  I would not use this outdoors unless protected by a GFI though. A GFI can only protect you if the cord has all three prongs and the wheel has a three prong plug.

what about the kind of cord used with window air conditioners?   they come in short lengths, have used one six feet long for heavy tools.   yes, 3 prongs very thick, wide cord.  try an electrical supply store, they probably have a cover for the place your wheel plug fits into the extension cord.

congrats, i got my pacifica in 1972 and still loving it, runs fine.

Edited by oldlady
add