O-42 Moss green

3 hours ago, Myceliuman said:

Or any glaze for that matter.

Hard to know the formulas for sure of commercial glazes but there are many sources for glaze recipes. Glazy.org is one web resource. Making glazes for many potters is a thing though, often to save on the high cost of commercial glazes but also often to design glazes that are very durable, to their coloring and finish preferences. You can browse glazy (and others) for something that might be similar.

Edited by Bill Kielb

I second looking to glazy.org. Another option is to find a pre mixed powder that suits you. That’s a good middle way. 

If making glaze from scratch, you will have to decide if learning about glaze chemistry is worth more than buying a pint of glaze. Your time and mental real estate are the true costs, raw materials are cheap. And you’ll need a scale. And probably a sieve. A few other things too.

When looking for glaze recipes (cone 5/6), I chose from sources that included notes (results, application, and test results an extra plus!).
If starting over, would definitely consider refining a (one, just one!) base glaze first, then coloring it.

For example,

This Forum
digitalfire.com
John Hesselberth's FrogpondPottery.com* (There are three low fire glaze recipes, with notes).
Susan Peterson's book The Craft and Art of Clay
Lakeside Pottery's website includes some glaze recipes**
Another book I'm not remembering just now, will look for it ...not finding it, will try again later
Bill van Gilder's book (I use two or three from his book) Wheel-Thrown Pottery

I was looking for recipes from a known source, where there are usage and/or testing notes included (pictures are nice too)

A well behaved clear liner (there's enough white in mine to show over dark clays) glaze took some time, testing, trial, start-overs, some help, and then aaah. 
It has significant MgO, small amounts of Sodium and Potassium, a dose of Lithium (a little bit makes a difference!), and there's Boron - it melts well - for I work cone 5/6; there's enough Silica and Alumina to make a tough glaze that doesn't run or sag much.

*archived here Tested Glazes | Frog Pond Pottery (archive.org)

**Cone 6 Glaze Recipes | Great Mid Range Pottery Glazes (lakesidepottery.com)

Edited by Hulk
see