Paragon ERROR CODE FTH

I have a Fusion 14, 120V, s/n UNK447230, p/n 4A21141BEM. The last 2 times I did a full fire I noticed the Sentry 2.0 controller gave an error message of FTH at about 1400. But the fire cycle completed normally, reaching 1480 degrees in about the same time as usual. What might cause this?  Don

The Sentry FTH error is similar to the Bartlett E1, in that both are in response to the controller detecting the temperature not rising as expected according to the program. The difference is that the Sentry continues to fire, albeit slowly, until the target temperature is finally reached, whereas the Bartlett error will terminate the firing.

I continued to fire. Again, the firing didn't seem to take longer than it normally does. The elements both glow brightly when test fired. I really need to solve this problem since I want to sell this kiln and buy a different model. I suppose I could replace the relay and see if the error goes away. Any advice?

36 minutes ago, Donegal said:

The elements both glow brightly when test fired. I really need to solve this problem since I want to sell this kiln and buy a different model. I suppose I could replace the relay and see if the error goes away. Any advice?

Since the elements glow, the relay is not likely the culprit. Measure the resistance of your elements and if they have risen by 10% then they need to be replaced. Since Fth occurred at such a low temperature, it’s fairly unlikely to make it to much higher temperatures in an acceptable time frame. If you get high measurements then you can be reasonably confident that is the issue and choose to replace or inform the buyer that it needs element replacement.

Edited by Bill Kielb

@Donegal It could be that it simply can't keep up with the program it's trying to run, gave an error when it slowed down, but could reach the final temp at a slower rate of climb. If this is a new occurrence, it could be from the elements or thermocouple showing some wear.