Ceramic Bottle to hold Alcohol

Talavera-ROSA.jpgHello Ceramic Community. I am looking to create a small batch of ceramic bottles to house my friends Mezcal. I’ve been having issues with the glaze and get a green fungus-like effect on the bottle after testing the finished bottle with the product inside. See link below for a visual. Any ideas on how to approach this? My guess is that my finished bottle is too porous and that I need a different / stronger glaze? Any help or guidance greatly appreciated! TY!

—> Green Fungus on Test Bottle <—

9 minutes ago, Paulo316 said:

My guess is that my finished bottle is too porous and that I need a different / stronger glaze?

Welcome to the forum! This sounds mostly accurate to me. The issue is more than the glaze, though. If you have a porous clay body then the glaze must fit perfectly. Any crazing (crackles) in the glaze will allow the liquid to seep into the walls of the porous pot, where it can grow mold, as well as just evaporate the liquid. While you can find a glaze that fits well, the better solution is to find a clay body that will vitrify and a glaze that fits it well. You won't have any weeping issues that way. What temperature are you firing to, and what type of clay are you using?

Thanks Neil! 
I am asking for a friend who is working in Mexico with materials she sourced there. She told me it’s a low temperature clay she’s using called “pasta ceramica 931” and “barro Zacatecas” I wasn’t able to find any info on “pasta ceramica 931” but I did find this link on “barro Zacatecas”  but I don’t think it’s very helpful. See below. https://www.dragociencia.shop/MLM-945066009-arcilla-zacatecas-para-ceramica-1-kg-_JM#position=5&search_layout=stack&type=item&tracking_id=e83ee4ed-e867-4abc-ae79-03de92c9559b

Is there a recipe of materials that your familiar with that I would be worth a shot?

I added a photo of what the test bottles look like.  

Appreciate your reply! 

IMG_6444.jpeg