Ceramic Tech Chat

https://ceramics.org/publications-resources/ceramic-tech-chat/

The American Ceramic Society always seemed a bit exclusive for commoners like me but it turns out they do share.

An interesting note - I overheard an industry type person talking to a recognised academic about recycled glass and how there is a need*/opportunity to find a use for it. It's not the first time I've heard of people trying to peddle ideas for recycled glass. This: https://ceramictechchat.ceramics.org/974767/12251109-the-everlasting-relevance-of-brick-john-sanders briefly brings up the possibility of making brick with up to 60% recycled glass.

Edited by C.Banks

Thank you C. Banks!

...I'm looking at the article on sustainability now, also interested in the Coppage, Faber, Schade, Yimnirun, Davey, and Randall articles, oh, and the "Why Science Communication Matters" one as well.

3 hours ago, Hulk said:

Thank you C. Banks!

...I'm looking at the article on sustainability now, also interested in the Coppage, Faber, Schade, Yimnirun, Davey, and Randall articles, oh, and the "Why Science Communication Matters" one as well.

I'm enjoying a few other contributors too.

Edited by C.Banks

I tested different types of glass I could find for several months,  I wanted to make the medallions for my mural out of recycled glass.   I only found two types of glass that would totally melt,  one was window glass the other was a cheap crummy glasses that have thick edges.   Wine,  beer bottles, vase,carafes,  and nice glasses are tempered and only soften.  I wanted to find a  use for recycled glass,  the window glass was a nice blue green when melted into a inch thick medallion.  The cheap thick edged glasses and vases fire to a nice clear.   Denice