My Custar shortage is fixed

For 33 year I had used my 3,00 lbs of Kingman feldspar that ran out in 2023 just when The Custar shortage (mine is in bankruptcy and will reopen in future) hit.

I had 4 bags stashed so it was not an issue yet but in last two months I picked up this stash and now will last my lifetime (1,000lbs  in total)

I traded a some moblilezer wax to an old potter friend for a new old stock bag real spodume  from 20 years ago (white bag  in photo)

I'm back to being ok with a potash feldspar and its one less thing to consider.

IMG_7571.jpeg

I spoke with my supplier last week, and he said that current Custer supplies are equivalent to whatever normal purchasing rates would be for 2 years. He’s limiting his customers to reasonable amounts, and not permitting stockpiling by any one individual. We will all need time to test clay bodies especially for replacements.

I bought this from 3 different suppliers over a 800 mile area during my travels.  

There is now new all brown bags (not blue) of custar that are from Pacer. I bought some for one of my customers from Laguna 

On another note EPK is again back in operation and the material is now on most supopliers shelves

• 2 weeks later...