Olympic 2327HE Kiln pre-purchase questions

Bubba

I am considering buying a very lightly used 8+/- year old Olympic 2327HE kiln, single phase, 240 volt.  The only issue the seller is disclosing is "plug that overheats."  The explanation from seller is that it is a house wiring problem, not a kiln problem, but "the plug will need to be replaced."  And, of course, it can't be tested.   See photo.  It is a ridiculously good deal, maybe?  Can anyone give me an idea of what might be going on with the plug?  Any opinions about this model?   

IMG_3412.jpeg

Edited by Bubba
Added more info

@Bubba The plug definitely needs to be replaced, but I would go ahead and replace the entire power cord. Could be that they didn't have it on the correct size wiring, which was causing the outlet and plug to overheat, but who knows. Plugs wear out over time, so it's not all that unusual to have to replace it. If the kiln is very low priced, then even if you have to replace some stuff you'll be coming out way ahead over a new kiln. As long as the bricks and lid/floor are in good condition the rest if it is relatively easy and inexpensive to fix compared to buying new.

Until you replace the plug and talk to the electrician re wiring et al requirements in your property, you cannit do more than get a visual of the kiln. Carefully check the elements.

Are they standing up or sagging , do they spill out of their "troughs"?

Do you get kiln furniture and what state is it in. Did you get photos?

What does the term lightly used mean...plug looks "used"

Where has it been stored?