Kiln firing with a controller for glazes

I am new to kiln firing.  I am struggling setting firing programmes for glazes.  After much searching I have found that the settings for a glaze firing are all the same except for the final temperature set point.  Does this mean that I can use one firing schedule by just adjusting the final temperature?

• Pres changed the title to Kiln firing with a controller for glazes

Sheila, Welcome to the forum. I have edited your title for the post so that you will get more responses and so that searches in the future will recognize the question. I have also moved your post to the Equipment Use and Repair category for more traffic.

I would ask what type of controller do you have on your kiln, and if there are any preset firing programs on it.  I have a Genesis controller that I have been happy  to use the preset firings with a few easy adjustments for firings. In most cases the preset schedules are sufficient as they allow ramp times and hold times that most would use. So the only changes I do on my firings is to set the cone that I am firing to, in my case ^6.

I make the most adjustments to my bisque firings as the slow start for larger or damper pieces is important to their survival.

Hopefully you will get some traffic on this, especially after you tell us your controller type.

best,

Pres