“First Fire” with an Old Kiln

I purchased a used kiln and attempted to run it though an initial bisque fire (cone 04).  The kiln turned off before the drop switch dropped and I don’t have a timer on my sitter. 

I’m still waiting for the kiln to cool down but just through looking through the peep hole, it doesn’t appear my witness cones have bent. 

I know the power to the kiln is good because I had a plug installed brand new just for the purpose. I ran the kiln up 2 hours on low, 2 on medium and it was on high for about 2.5 hours before it turned off. 

Is anyone familiar with a similar sitter or have suggestions on what might have caused the seemingly early switch off? 

https://ibb.co/1McPT95 - photo of sitter here

Edited by Rosie_03
add photo

First total guess, I think it’s far more likely the circuit breaker has tripped rather than the sitter switch disconnected without tripping. Either are possible so please cycle the circuit breaker completely off then on. Now, onto diagnosing. Tell us the make, model of the kiln and all the info on the electrical tag mounted on the kiln, then tell us the breaker size etc…

Your wiring from your outlet to the circuit breaker may not be heavy enough.   When I was building my studio my electrician used a little heavier wire than what was required.  It has been 15 years and never had a circuit breaker trip.    Denice