New Skutt 1018-3 over fired on first test!

Hello potters, I just bought a new Skutt 1018-3 with KMT Controller. It’s sweet! I did a 04 test fire yesterday (Empty kiln except shelves and only one 04 cone 2” from thermocouple on center shelf) and the cone is bent all the way touching the shelf.  Clearly overfired, right? It made it up to 1945F/1062c in about 7 1/2 hours. As soon as it started cooling, I turned vent off. I’m ready to do a bisque fire to 05 but now I’m wondering if I have to run another test or there’s someway I can correct for the over fire? Help! 

35D8076D-4F8F-46E2-9B32-603C004B508F.jpeg

I have this model of kiln, but older.  I wish I'd had Neil's advice when I started as I fooled around with changing the offset which was a road I didn't have to go down. 

Here is another tip which helped me when I first started firing this kiln: put shelves (or shelf) on top of the ware to assist even bend on the cones on both kiln levels. 

Enjoy your kiln! 

I recently did a test fire on a new L&L kiln,   the test cone at the bottom over fired.  It even puddle a little,  I had purchased the kiln from Neil.   It has a Genisis controller,  he told me to adjust my bottom thermocouple  25 degrees on the controller panel.  Bisque firing Saturday,  I am going to check it with a full load before I do any adjusting.  Bisque firing can have a range of two or three cones. Denice