Clay prices on the rise

Well you knew it was coming.Everything is going up.  May 1st clay is going up  a small amount and some clays are going away with Laguna as well-I think Frost may be one. Just a FYI

Wondering about spodumene/lithium going up its the lithium -like in a Tesla battery. Rare Earth stuff comes and goes.Some day maybe iron for batteries as it cheap now but may not forever

It used to be that we assumed clay materials were cheap, but kept a short list of the things that were expensive, e.g. Cobalt and Tin.

Now we will keep a short list of the things that are cheap. 

I just noticed that I am low on Wollastonite, so added 50lb of it to my order that I am picking up next week. WOLLASTONITE IS STILL CHEAP! WOO HOO!

I was looking through glaze recipes to determine which glazes to mix for the Empty Bowl fundraiser.  Cobalt is $$$, Tin ox is $$$ Gerstley may be on the rise, and since I will be getting funds from a couple of local groups to cover the cost of glazes, I think I am going to buy dry premixed glazes.   My personal dry ingredients have become more precious. 

Roberta