Amaco Bisque Fix on Greenware?

Haven’t gotten around to using this product, but had read that it works on greenware as well. Have heard positive and negative things in general from people in the studio concerning their success rate. Any tips on using the stuff? Preferable to use on greenware vs bisque? As I understand it, the bisque needs to be bisqued again after application before glazing. Thanks!

It works on both but best on bisque- If the item is green use your own clay fines to fill the crack. (mix your own clay fines with a bit of vinagar and water and fill greenware cracks. I fill the crack once bisqued and let it dry and sand it smooth then glaze. The line (where it is) is white so I usually cover with a dark glaze. This product works well but do not expect miracles .I never rebisque it -just let it dry sand smooth glaze and fire.If you need to glue it on use Aztec high fire cement. Mix it with your own clay body in small doses.

Used  Bisque fix for many many years. They once made a greenware fix but took it off market years ago-that stuff was great .

I also use it a filler in a say a hole or chip missing piece. Good stuff but the price went up recently like all things.

On 11/27/2022 at 6:52 PM, Mark C. said:

It works on both but best on bisque- If the item is green use your own clay fines to fill the crack. (mix your own clay fines with a bit of vinagar and water and fill greenware cracks. I fill the crack once bisqued and let it dry and sand it smooth then glaze. The line (where it is) is white so I usually cover with a dark glaze. This product works well but do not expect miracles .I never rebisque it -just let it dry sand smooth glaze and fire.If you need to glue it on use Aztec high fire cement. Mix it with your own clay body in small doses.

Used  Bisque fix for many many years. They once made a greenware fix but took it off market years ago-that stuff was great .

I also use it a filler in a say a hole or chip missing piece. Good stuff but the price went up recently like all things.

Thanks for your input, Mark. All good to know.