Do any vendors sell tailored dust covers for top load kilns?

not a bot

Hi,

I am looking for a nice tidy solution to protect our new kiln from getting dusty when it is not in use. The kiln is stored in and will be operated in our garage, and will only be used occasionally. The cover would only be placed upon the kiln when it was cool to touch and unplugged from the electrical outlet.

We live in the desert so condensation is barely a concern. Typical relativity humidity stats are posted as "to low to measure". Having said that, I would still prefer a fabric that breathes rather than any sort of waterproof material.

We are using some basic sheets as covering now, but would prefer something that form fits if it is readily available for purchase.

I am hoping someone here may have seen something offered and can point us in the right direction.

Thank you.

Would a tarp over the kiln and secured (circled around it) with bungee cords work?  Update-this is what I did at first with my kiln. I took the inner carton that it was shipped with, removed the bottom, and cut down one corner so I could wrap it around and also remove easily. I covered the carton lid with a synthetic tablecloth. It got worn over time but still served me well for several years. The water stains on the box are just from drifting/melting NH snow (the kiln is on a back porch with imperfect sealing). The light snow melt never pooled, it got wicked up by the cardboard. I use a tarp w/bungees now.

20221123_214018 (2).jpg

Edited by LeeU