New amaco kiln first firing mistake?

Goose

hi there! after a couple years of outsourcing kilns to use, ive finally put in the money and got myself a nice little amaco EX-329-SF with the controller. not a huge kiln but its all i need for now. after doing some quick research I started a first firing with no ware but the kiln furniture, and a small [absolutely bone dry, I live in a desert country and its been drying outside for weeks] dog greenware figure to test the firing capability. I put in the dog as I live in a pretty non artist-friendly city and have little access to ceramics supply. 

problem is, ive fired it with all the peephole plugs closed and just realized now when im not home to change that. I had it preheating at 80 celcius for 6 hours last night, and the temp appears to be ramping up well now 12 hours later. but im worried now that ive damaged the elements or something of the sort? its a brand new kiln, i couldnt find a second-hand kiln anywhere till the next few countries over, and that would be too complicated to try and send over to where i am. also note the kiln is outdoors so i havent put in a vent system. 

i guess im asking, did i damage my kiln by leaving all peepholes closed on the first firing? it should be cooled enough to open by the time i get home, but i wouldnt know how to check for damage of the elements unless its very clear. 

thanks in advance