Bartlett V6-CF controller STOP message

I’m operating an Olympic kiln with a Bartlett Controller model V6-CF series 7000. My kiln went out during a bisque fire yesterday and I ran a thermocouple bypass this test this morning. Thermo was bad so I replaced and when I turn the kiln back on it reads STOP and I can’t clear it. Can anyone help? Thanks!

Only obscure thing that comes to mind is if the two key option has been enabled. This is an option that requires you to press stop/start and then enter in that order before the controller will operate. If for some reason you are stuck in the hidden menu, you could try bringing up the hidden menu by typing 443. The hidden menu will display “notc” to which you can set certain parameters. Please just cycle through these using the “other or next” button. Write down their defaults before changing any of them.

I suggest to Download the tech manual and write your defaults on the page before changing anything. https://binst.s3.amazonaws.com/uploads/manual/asset_path/36/v6cftechnicalmanual.pdf

Forgot to ask, when you bypassed the thermocouple, how did you do it? Shorting yellow and red wires together?

Edited by Bill Kielb

@LadyLumpsClay If the keypad isn't responding, it's most likely a problem with the ribbon connector- the wide ribbon that's the interface between the circuit board to the touchpad. From the back of the controller, gently pull the ribbon out of its port on the circuit board near the bottom, wipe it with a dry cloth, and reinsert it.

31 minutes ago, LadyLumpsClay said:

In the controller, I found an orange wire not connected. Should it be connected to output 1 or 3? 

That all depends on which color wires Olympic is using on that kiln. It could be different for every brand. What does the other end of the wire connect to?