Older Brent Wheel - Identification of Model, Age, and Control Box (need some help)

Hi friends, 

I acquired this older model Brent wheel, It has no serial number or tags. I am leaning towards it being a model B, and it has a 12" wheel head. The problem that I've encountered with this wheel is that the fuse holder broke. I wanted to replace it but upon opening the control box I was at a loss, since I don't exactly know the model of it I am hesitating in trying to find and buy a new fuse holder for it. Does anybody have any suggestions to what type of wheel this might be? And if possible would anyone know about the schematic for the control box? 

Thank you so much in advance 

Wheel.jpg

Ok I assume the name tag (badge) on the plastic rim in front of wheel (the narrow side faceing staright forward is gone) The next way is tell is the motor hp. Thats usually  on the motor. my guess is this is 1/2 model C-the 1/3 horse are model B-the 1 hp are model CXC- back in the day and looking at your controller this is an older wheel and only models C and B came stock with 12 inch heads . On the  model you  could  order a 14 inch head. Model Bs in the early days where all 12 inch heads as well. Take a photo or two of the motor and I can tell alot  from that.

Now for the fuse holder-they can be had at any elctronics store and some auto parts  stores

thney can also be had here for a bit more $They are all the same on all models if I recall -its a very simple part

https://www.theceramicshop.com/product/14637/brent-fuse-holder-6-and-8-amp/?gclid=Cj0KCQiAqvaNBhDLARIsAH1Pq53eEPVod0b6oTYbSFmNY-f8ybAUZ_3Hqr9MsWHPLm2ayq5gJQRNowkaAnJlEALw_wcB

The model and serial numbers etc where at one time on a foil tag on the front of that contoller box on the aluminum plate. Once you get that fuze holder this wheel may last for the rest of your life.

Let us know what you find out on that motor size

7 hours ago, Mark C. said:

Ok I assume the name tag (badge) on the plastic rim in front of wheel (the narrow side faceing staright forward is gone) The next way is tell is the motor hp. Thats usually  on the motor. my guess is this is 1/2 model C-the 1/3 horse are model B-the 1 hp are model CXC- back in the day and looking at your controller this is an older wheel and only models C and B came stock with 12 inch heads . On the  model you  could  order a 14 inch head. Model Bs in the early days where all 12 inch heads as well. Take a photo or two of the motor and I can tell alot  from that.

Now for the fuse holder-they can be had at any elctronics store and some auto parts  stores

thney can also be had here for a bit more $They are all the same on all models if I recall -its a very simple part

https://www.theceramicshop.com/product/14637/brent-fuse-holder-6-and-8-amp/?gclid=Cj0KCQiAqvaNBhDLARIsAH1Pq53eEPVod0b6oTYbSFmNY-f8ybAUZ_3Hqr9MsWHPLm2ayq5gJQRNowkaAnJlEALw_wcB

The model and serial numbers etc where at one time on a foil tag on the front of that contoller box on the aluminum plate. Once you get that fuze holder this wheel may last for the rest of your life.

Let us know what you find out on that motor size

Thank you so much for your response !! 

Here are some pictures of the motor, and also of the control box. When I was opening it these nuts fell off from the bolts, and Im not quite sure where they would be attached, as well as these 3 wires. Would you happen to know where these would go? 

I appreciate the help! :)

Screen-Shot-2021-12-18-at-4-42-33-PM.png

Screen-Shot-2021-12-18-at-4-42-41-PM.png

Screen-Shot-2021-12-18-at-4-42-48-PM.png

Screen-Shot-2021-12-18-at-4-42-57-PM.png

IMG-4392.jpg

IMG-4404.jpg

The board in your picture is marked CXC I believe.

Do you know for sure this machine operates or perhaps someone removed the fuse because it was in pieces on the inside and they didn’t want someone plugging it in? For instance, The bridge rectifier needs to be bolted to the aluminum face plate as a heat sink before this ever is used for any length of time. BTW the CXC is an 8 amp fuse @ 125 v I believe.

hope this helps:
In the machine below all the ground wires (green wires) are bonded to the faceplate at a terminal block. Yours were individually bolted to the faceplate I believe.

82F930E2-E10F-4A2A-966F-CA4996E81405.jpeg

1 hour ago, Bill Kielb said:

The board in your picture is marked CXC I believe.

Do you know for sure this machine operates or perhaps someone removed the fuse because it was in pieces on the inside and they didn’t want someone plugging it in? For instance, The bridge rectifier needs to be bolted to the aluminum face plate as a heat sink before this ever is used for any length of time. BTW the CXC is an 8 amp fuse @ 125 v I believe.

hope this helps:
In the machine below all the ground wires (green wires) are bonded to the faceplate at a terminal block. Yours were individually bolted to the faceplate I believe.

82F930E2-E10F-4A2A-966F-CA4996E81405.jpeg

Hello, 

The machine definitely operates. And the fuse is still intact, the problem was that the fuse holder snapped and wasn't holding the fuse in properly. So ideally I will buy a new fuse holder and be able to install it and re assemble the box. Would you happen to know where the other wire (marked as #3) should be connected? 

Thank you so much for the help and information !!! 

Yes this is a CXC board as Bill noted. This is a great wheel the motor is a 1 1/2 hp

The wires are grounds ( at least two which are green) the #1 with bul crimp if it is green its also a ground. They all need to be bolted to the back of the aluminum plate with with small bolts and 1-3-5 nuts and washers-same deal with the other green ground use 2-4-6 and small bolt to hold a green wire to back of aluminum plate. The long screws in top of photo hold  the controller to the wheel frame. Is this clear to you? hope so

The only part that seems strange is I thought all CXC had 14 inch wheel heads but your electronic board is a CXC as it says on the board.Get the loose ground attached and back into the box.  Those older boxes are small and hard to fit it all in so be carefully not to break anything. Seal any loose holes on the front with silicone so water stays out. reattach and put a new twist fuze holder in (you only need the male side) and happy throwing for another 30 years. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/20/2021 at 9:16 AM, Mark C. said:

Yes this is a CXC board as Bill noted. This is a great wheel the motor is a 1 1/2 hp

The wires are grounds ( at least two which are green) the #1 with bul crimp if it is green its also a ground. They all need to be bolted to the back of the aluminum plate with with small bolts and 1-3-5 nuts and washers-same deal with the other green ground use 2-4-6 and small bolt to hold a green wire to back of aluminum plate. The long screws in top of photo hold  the controller to the wheel frame. Is this clear to you? hope so

The only pasrt that seems strand is I thought all CXC had 14 inch wheel heads but your electronic board is a CXC as it says on the board.Get the loose ground attached and back into the box.  Those older boxes are small and hard to fit oit all in so be carefully not to break anything. Seal any loose holes on the front with silicone so water stays out. reattach and put a new twist fuze holder in (you only need the male side) and happy throwing for another 30 years. 

Thank you for the help !! 

Archived