Skutt Kiln Price Increase coming quickly.

Min

I get updates from a few ceramic supply places. Have heard from a couple of them that there is going to be an increase of up to several hundred dollars coming on August 22, 2021 for Skutt kilns. Don't know if anyone is considering a new kiln but it might be time to act quickly if you are. Double check with your own supplier. 

I get regular updates and the significant one I can share is sheet steel products by most local distributors will go up 15% - 20% beginning September 1st. Pretty much everyone attributes it to a shortage of steel very much like lumber and some even say to fully re employ from the pandemic, oh and there seems to be difficulty getting folks to go back to work so wages will likely need to go up significantly to attract folks. That was my end of month  (August) update from six fairly large steel suppliers so my thought is kilns likely will go significantly higher in price. My national update which comprises about fifty manufacturers projects 2-10% within the next month.

Archived