Help with kiln identification?

DianaB

This kiln is being offered in “fair” condition for $60.  This seems like a great deal even if it’s totally shot (can maybe use it as a raku kiln).  Can anyone help me identify the manufacturer for potential parts? 

28D75BAC-F32C-4A62-B17A-86ECD0514E74.jpeg

4B3392E6-D59C-419A-B54A-00932D584B6F.jpeg

Wow, those bricks look good, the (visible portion) lid looks good as well. Have there been brick replacements (different colours)? That would be a good sign. And a pyrometer setup, wow II. Is there furniture as well?

Maybe an EvenHeat? Those metal swinging peep doors could be a clue. If so, the detail plate (on right side of red box, maybe) would indicate.

Search images, e.g. "Evenheat kiln for sale used" - note the peep covers.

Post an update please!

I will check out the Evenheat for comparison.  Meanwhile I’ve grabbed this one sight unseen, considering its apparent condition.  I had to crop the pic so it would fit here but the whole lid looked good too. Will keep you posted!

1 minute ago, neilestrick said:

It's a great kiln for use with a wall mounted digital controller or an Olympic ElectroSitter, since the on/off switches don't give you a lot of control. 

Yes that’s what I’m ultimately hoping to do.  Handy to be married to an electrical engineer when it comes to these types of projects - right up his alley!  Will read up on the options.  

Archived