Broken bricks at bottom how to repair

Would you also support the bottom with a metal plate ?--I would and always add one to all my electrics as they make for a better stander floor.

The hang it into space floor on small stands never made sense to me. The walls are also better supported as in any foundation. You do not cantilever your house foundation so why do that with a kiln (my pet peeve-yes it costs more to build it right) that same thing is true with homes cars and just about every item in life!

Pottery kilns work just fine for glass, and have the benefit of firing multiple shelves full of work since you're not relying on a lid element. For smaller pieces you probably won't see any difference in how things fire. For larger pieces, you may find that you need to go slower at the end of the firing and to a lower temperature, to keep the edges from melting out faster than the middle. I had a student who successfully slumped 20" platters in her pottery kiln once she figured out the firing schedule. She'd load up 6 or 7 at a time.

Yes I figure that there will be some ajustments  I am used to a small glass kiln for jewellery , cabochons, small plates... but wanted to try bigger I got my 23 inch $150 CA and no dammage but the bottom, with a new controller that my husband will make (wifi etc. ;-)) it should work fine

18 minutes ago, Guylaine Pigeon said:

Yes I figure that there will be some ajustments  I am used to a small glass kiln for jewellery , cabochons, small plates... but wanted to try bigger I got my 23 inch $150 CA and no dammage but the bottom, with a new controller that my husband will make (wifi etc. ;-)) it should work fine

With a digital controller you won't have any trouble dialing it in for whatever you're making. The Genesis controller is a good one, and you can save all of your firing profiles with a name for easy reference.

Archived