Looking for info on some Old Mayco Glazes

LukeUrso

Hi! I have lots of these old Mayco low fire glazes. Most are in the taller, narrower, bottles, but I have a few of these squat glass bottles (pictured below).  I've checked pretty thoroughly on eBay, craigslist, etsy, fb marketplace etc. but I haven't found any other glazes in these short glass bottles. 

I'm hoping someone who knows about these can give me an idea of their value and or age?  Thank you! 

1144709721_IMG_2753copy.thumb.jpg.a77bdb8acc625bab76bea0dfa493891c.jpg 627633046_IMG_2752copy.jpg.972c5ae6f4a357da3509f6856628cbb9.jpg

those bottles were common back in the 1960s and later.  there were many paint it yourself ceramic shops back then, their popularity runs in cycles.  when they were new, the colors could be used on low firing clay, notice the number "cone 06".    they have no value today.   if you read the label it says not to use inside anything to be used for food.   

have you opened the bottles to find only one hard lump of color with no moisture?      lots of advice has been given in the past to try to make these dried glazes usable now but i have never found a way that actually works.   they truly have no value and probably should be disposed of at a toxic trash pickup center.

Archived