Developing a method to seal greenware to be able to transport and ship it

Wouldn't  it be great to come up with a way to transport  greenware without running  the risk of it breaking?\I'm trying to wrap my head around this idea.

Greenware is fragile, if  we could design a bubblewrap  box design where you have large bubbles pushing  against the piece to  absorb impact and prevent the piece from moving, and just put extremely fragile on the box - Handle with extreme care...  This might work actually...

Thoughts anyone?   :)

i transport greenware slabs, very large ones, to a larger kiln for bisque firing.   these are the ones i use for impressing plant leaves for texture.    the way i do it is to lay a thick piece of foam rubber, the upholstery type, in the back of my ford escape.  the seat backs have been removed for years.   the foam should be at least 3 inches thick and sometimes i use thicker pieces that came from sofa cushions.   the point is to cushion the bottom of the slab to allow for movement of the car wheels over bumps without shocking the slab.    as long as i do not slam on the brakes during the trip, the slabs stay flat and do not move.   their weight keeps them from sliding.

pieces that are bowl shaped also stay still on thick foam if they are put rim down.   dome shapes are very stable and an upside down bowl is like  a dome.  a thick terrycloth towel over a load of bowls will hold it in place in the event of a sudden braking.

if you only have thin foam stack up several pieces so it is thick and flat.

Archived