West coast Kiln

Cherie

Yep, match the original btu rating of the burner and drill existing orifice larger or buy a new orifice for natural gas. The natural gas orifice needs to larger than the propane because it has about half as much energy per cubic foot as propane. You will need to know the old design pressure and the pressure you will be operating the burner on natural gas. Both should be in inches of water column or in. W.c. If this is at your home, your service is likely limited to 8 inches of water column for a typical max pressure for  residential service.

he sells them-call him and he will tell you what size you need as well. On the kiln id plate is the info he will need so have it handy

http://www.wardburner.com

You just need the screw in brass orfice at head of gas flow. You can also drill yours out with a letter drill size if ward tells you that as well.

19 hours ago, Cherie said:

Would you know where I can get A thermostat  For the west coast kiln

Generally gas kilns are fired by hand and supervised by the operator with cones. Adding a high limit is good but usually demands manufactures use very reliable high limit control. Also common would be a simple soak controller but these items would need to be designed by you to control your burner assembly and be included in the gas train safety system. Not necessarily an easy task. This kiln has no high limit?

5 hours ago, Cherie said:

i’m just wondering how easy it is to put a thermocouple on it. 

I agree with the photo idea above but include the present gas valve, pilot control, etc... if it has one. Have you ever been present when the previous owner operated the kiln, if not this is just a learning experience. Not too tough actually but you will need to learn how you want to fire this kiln safely. 

Archived