Turning white casting slip to beige?

Mmplin

Hello! I am trying to do casting with a slip similar to this but am pretty limited in my local options, only having white porcelain:

487126254_ScreenShot2021-01-10at4_52_17PM.png.f921bba6264bc95590ab0fe192c774c6.png

I know I'll need to add manganese to get the speckles, but does anyone have a recommendation on an addition to get the beige color? I thought a mason stain might be the way to go but am wondering if there's something else as it seems like I'll need to use a lot! Thanks so much for any advice ^_^

If there is any chance of making your own casting slip instead of trying to alter a commercial one I would go that route. Claybody colour would be far less expensive to achieve by using darker firing clays. Manganese speckle might or might not stay suspended long enough in the casting slip to work, I'm not confident that the larger bits would, also the larger manganese particles probably wouldn't be on the outer surface of the cast so I'm not sure if they would show. An example of a similar colour casting slip here, the M340 revison 7 titled L3798G. It looks like it needs to go to cone 7 to get the absorption under 2% for functional work. (or it might tighten up enough with approx 1point 5 talc added for cone 6) 

Archived