Old Cone Art kiln shut off at 200 F

HI!!

I got a second hand Cone Art kiln (date back to 1993 with Orton controller) that is in excellent condition. I tried firing it three times in the last there were no problem at all.

When i ran it to cone 6 this morning, the kiln stopped heating up at 200 F, and the temperature started dropping....

What should I do?

@grumpykidstudio What did the controller say? Did is read  CPLT (complete) or whatever your controller says when  firing is finished? Did it continue to read temperature? How low did it go before you pushed a button? Is there a program review function so you can verify you were running the program you thought you were running? How many zones (thermocouples) are there?What is the condition of the thermocouple(s)?

53 minutes ago, neilestrick said:

@grumpykidstudio What did the controller say? Did is read  CPLT (complete) or whatever your controller says when  firing is finished? Did it continue to read temperature? How low did it go before you pushed a button? Is there a program review function so you can verify you were running the program you thought you were running? How many zones (thermocouples) are there?What is the condition of the thermocouple(s)?

omg!!! so many questions haha. There were NO error code or anything showed on the screen by the time i went to checked, it was just reading temperatures. It went down to 83 F, and i ran the same program for 2 times prior without any problem.. I was using 1 termocouple which I JUST purchase last week! 

Archived