Harbor Freight weed burner/regulator?!

Cderep

So I bought a weed burner from harbor freight to fire my small fiber kiln- similar to the one Simon Leach has used. It is supposed to screw directly into a tank, but I’d like to have a regulator to have some more control over the psi. I can’t figure out what adapter or regulator has an outlet that is the same size as the fitting on the tank that the burner is supposed to screw into. Anyone have suggestions, or should I just run it without a regulator as it’s intended to be used (only on weeds rather than pots... I know it’s not the best route, but I could manage $25 and not much more than that, so this is where I’m at for now). I’m wondering if leach used a regulator?

The only thing I could find here was bbq parts so I fired my Raku joint with this twice before calling these guys, since Hank Hill has more knowledge about propane and all, I figured Texas would hook it up!

They did. They were busy so I talked to the owner. Very nice guy. I explained to him my setup, e-mailed some pictures, and they set me up with a long hose, a regulator with a gauge, and it fitted for the control in the "driver seat", rather than on the tank.

Finding reverse fittings and adaptors is almost impossible. I am crazy happy with my stuff from Tejas Smokers. 

Sorce

Safety FYI...you are supposed to have the regulator on the tank so you don't have full pressure down the hose.

Been meaning to switch that up since I don't end up changing the regulator much anyway. It ended up being close enough to see the pyro and flame from the tank anyway.

I guess what I'm saying is thanks for the reminder and keep the regulator at least within earshot of the kiln.

Sorce

That was a dumber question than I realized. I’ll just replace the original hose on the burner with a pipe or a hose and fitting that will fit the regulator...

This, I think (in case some other dummy overthinks this one day):

https://www.amazon.com/Pressure-Adjustable-Regulator-Indicator-Stainless/dp/B07ZGHCR2M/ref=mp_s_a_1_4?dchild=1&keywords=propane+regulator+with+gauge&qid=1606445605&sr=8-4

ive fired an electric -> propane conversion kiln with weed burners that have and dont have regulators...they both work.

i tried replacing the hose with one of those hoses with a built in regulator before but it wouldnt connect to the weed burner correctly.

Archived