Cone 8 Oribe?

Sorcery

If you have a standard clear cone 8 glaze that you routinely use, just add some copper carb or copper oxide to the glaze, fire in oxidization, and you will have an cone 8 Oribe glaze.  
Testing of the amount of copper ingredient is recommended.  My  recommendation for a first test set would be 1, 2, 4, 8, percent copper ingredient; evaluate the test pieces and zero in to your target.  You will learn more with this approach than blending  two new glaze recipes for which you have no prior information on outcome on your ware fired your way in your kiln. 

LT

Mixing a cone 6 and a cone 10 won't necessarily give you a cone 8, nor will it necessarily maintain the correct color. The best you can do is try it. If it were me, I would take the cone 10 version and add a little Gillespie or 3134. It would probably only take about 3-5% to bring it down to cone 8.

2 hours ago, neilestrick said:

Mixing a cone 6 and a cone 10 won't necessarily give you a cone 8, nor will it necessarily maintain the correct color. The best you can do is try it. If it were me, I would take the cone 10 version and add a little Gillespie or 3134. It would probably only take about 3-5% to bring it down to cone 8.

I mean, theoretically it would.  

Archived