How to Organize a Ceramic Conference

Hello,

I am currently in the very early stages of organizing a ceramics conference that will be taking place sometime in the future most likely after a vaccine for COVID is developed.

I am looking for any information, suggestions, or tips anyone can provide when it comes to preparing, organizing, implementing, attending, etc... a ceramics conference. 

All information is helpful.

Looking forward to the help!

Cheers,

More info would be helpful---location, duration, anticipated number in attendance, number of presenters, budget, will there be vendor/exhibitor booths, level of expertise for panel members,  what entities would you be contracting with (such as for space, lodging etc.).  Do you have a planning committee or are you going it alone? Is there an active Potters Guild in your state? Have you been to NCECA? Is there an Arts/Crafts Council to communicate with? 

9 hours ago, LeeU said:

More info would be helpful---location, duration, anticipated number in attendance, number of presenters, budget, will there be vendor/exhibitor booths, level of expertise for panel members,  what entities would you be contracting with (such as for space, lodging etc.).  Do you have a planning committee or are you going it alone? Is there an active Potters Guild in your state? Have you been to NCECA? Is there an Arts/Crafts Council to communicate with? 

I am in Canada but other than that I can't really give anymore on location. It has to be kept quiet in the early stages. 

It is going to be quite large. We have funding from multiple sources. We are an arts centre and it will have connections to our arts councils in the area. No potters guild around here but we are hoping by having this conference we can almost make our spot a quasi potters guild.

I have not been to NCECA.

Thanks!

• 2 weeks later...

Archived