What do you think about these?

here are some of my new Tree pottery:)

please comment if you have any new ideas for me

I've only been doing this tree stuff for a couple months

so any tips will help me out :)

The pot on the right sold for $45 and the mugs are $20 each Different colors are availableyou can email me at cgalvin3@gmail.com

Thanks!

(press CTRL+ scroll out) to zoom out because the picture is pretty big)

Hey fellow tree person,

Trees are looking good. Have your tried carving, those little loop tools work great for carving and refining tree branches.

For the mugs, the trees going up to the lip looks interesting, but if it were me, I would find away to have the trees enough below the lip, so you could drink from either side.

Hey fellow tree person,

Trees are looking good. Have your tried carving, those little loop tools work great for carving and refining tree branches.

For the mugs, the trees going up to the lip looks interesting, but if it were me, I would find away to have the trees enough below the lip, so you could drink from either side.

So after I sprig the trees on use a ribbon tool to fix up the shape? Ill have to try it out :)

and yeah I didnt think about thatt.. Ill keep that in mind for my next ones... Thanks!

Hey fellow tree person,

So after I sprig the trees on use a ribbon tool to fix up the shape? Ill have to try it out :)

and yeah I didnt think about thatt.. Ill keep that in mind for my next ones... Thanks!

Mini extruders work well for the branches as you have found. I would consider some beveled undercuts at the bottom of your pieces to give a larger edge for unglazed area and also allow for a visible separation of the pot from the table. If you undercut about 30-45 degrees you can have about a 1/4 inch that allows the unglazed area to be seen minimally at the same time making it larger. It is also easier to clean in an even line. Looks lik to me the larger form stuck to the kiln form a little glaze run and had chipped off. At least from the picture. The undercut will help with that also. I have made wooden stamps using dowels that I use for things like pine needle clusters, and leaf areas in stamps. You might try creating some form of foliage areas that would work with them.

Good luck, you definetly have begun the journey.

Nice work. I personally agree with the prior post, regarding the rims of the mugs. I don't know about you, but I never allow design to get in the way of function. The drinker using your mugs is forced to use them on the only side you left. Sorry, but I feel that the rim of a mug is sacred, and should caress the person's lip, not hurt him.

I, too, have been working with a tree motif. In my case, it is on lamp bases. Hope this is useful.

post-12917-133679840321_thumb.jpg

post-12917-133679847315_thumb.jpg

post-12917-13367986437_thumb.jpg

post-12917-133679840321_thumb.jpg

post-12917-133679847315_thumb.jpg

post-12917-13367986437_thumb.jpg

Archived