Skutt E-bd error

Hi,

I ran a cone 6 firing last night in my newly repaired km-1027. I have an outside little shed to protect the kiln from the weather. Last night it rained so I stupidly closed the door on the shed while firing. I woke up this morning to the kiln beeping with the code E-bd. I know It got way too hot in the room and the control board reached above 160•F like it says in the troubleshooting section of my manual. I clicked cancel right away to shut the beeping off, and didn’t click enter to see what the last temperature it reached before shutting off. I know it needs to be a well ventilated area, and that was my fault last night. 

My question now is did I cause any damage to the control board or thermocouple and when it cools down can I refire this half bisqued work? Last I saw before bed it reached around 1500•F. 

Also the bottom ring of sheet metal on the kiln “fell off” Not sure what part is needed to fix that.

Thank you all

88993956-18EE-4A06-8B18-07C330164C53.jpeg

The ring on the floor fell off so thet means the band was either to loose (you need a screwdriver to tighten it up snug) or that screw tightening fell off (rusted out) which is another fix-we need a photo of the place on band that has the tightening screws to answer this

22 minutes ago, Giovannaaa1109 said:

My question now is did I cause any damage to the control board or thermocouple and when it cools down can I refire this half bisqued work? Last I saw before bed it reached around 1500•F. 

It's a safety feature to protect the board so all should be fine with the controller if this is the reason it shut off. Won't have any effect on the thermocouple and yes you can definitely rebisque the load. 

10 minutes ago, Giovannaaa1109 said:

Thank you for your feedback! I think the screw tightening fell off due to rust. Would it be bad if I fired without the ring, for this one time? 

That ring adds a certain amount of stability to the floor slab. You can probably get away with not using it, but if there are existing cracks in the floor they could open up. If the clamps fell off due to the welds rusting out, and the band itself isn't rusted through, you can reattach the clamps with sheet metal screws, 2 screws on each side of the clamp. Pre-drill with a 3/32" bit, and use #6 x 1/2 pan head screws. The clamps are just pieces of hose clamps, so if they're worn out you can buy replacements at any hardware store, you just have to cut them in half. If the band is rusted through, order a new one.

Archived