Lnl brick repair

JohnP

Have a question about repairing brick on my older lnl DaVinci kiln.  I have moved this kiln in hast a couple times now.  I have broken a few brick cemented back together now my elements need changed was gonna go ahead and replace bricks.  My question is I have some 3 inch brick and the bricks that need replaced have element holders still intact does any have experience cutting own channels for element holders. Tools or tips?  Also lnl I am pretty sure uses a denser brick then standard k23 would it hold up?  

Thank you,

JPeel

33 minutes ago, JohnP said:

Have a question about repairing brick on my older lnl DaVinci kiln.  I have moved this kiln in hast a couple times now.  I have broken a few brick cemented back together now my elements need changed was gonna go ahead and replace bricks.  My question is I have some 3 inch brick and the bricks that need replaced have element holders still intact does any have experience cutting own channels for element holders. Tools or tips?  Also lnl I am pretty sure uses a denser brick then standard k23 would it hold up?  

Thank you,

JPeel

I would just purchase the replacement bricks slotted for the elements and fit for your kiln. Have you checked availability?

Yeah they are like 15 dollars each Starts to get kind of steep on top of a new set of elements.  I already had some bricks just sitting around so thinking about my options before I take it apart.  You are probably right might have to just make more pots.

L&L has a special router for cutting the element holder slots. You could do it by hand, but it would probably take you hours to cut 3 slots in each brick needed, and like Min said you'd be creating a ton of unhealthy dust. If you have the old gray color element holders and they are warping at all, replace them with the tan/yellow holder they're using now, which last much longer.

Archived