Kiln shed

Well for heaven's sake, it turns out that if I go to the 8.25" wide Hardie lap siding it will cost me about 75% of the 12" stuff.  It is the same cost for the narrower lap siding as for the 4x8 panels.  Home Despot has for some time had some serious problems with their online inventory system and while things have improved of late, there are still major deficiencies in their search function.  Searching on hardie siding turns up 2 versions of the panel siding and just the 12" wide lap siding.  I only noticed the 8.75" stuff listed down in the comparison chart LOL!

I could save another 5% going to the 6.25 inch wide lap siding at Lowes, but firstly that is more nailing by a lot - about 2x what is required for the 12" boards - and secondly no one at Home Despot has ever pissed me off as much as the two occasions in the last 10 years that I accidentally walked into a Blowes.  I'd rather spend the extra 5% at Home Despot even if the extra nailing weren't enough to put me off that siding LOL!

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Archived