Gips and clay possibe to fire tougher? Second time

Stac

Yes gips got gipsum )

as I filled parts tougher in buiscuit fired parts

now  changed my mind about leaving like ot is and want to glaze all tougher 

Also really concern now, as Buiscuit  fired clay seems kind of dump((( around gips

let me know what can be done thanks

Sorry I guess I do not understand exactly what you are asking. How about a picture of the bisque ware and what parts you have changed your mind about or the pieces that are inside the clay you are wondering if Still ok to be fired.

Gypsum to me is: wallboard / drywall / plaster like substance,  so I really am not clear on what your question is.

Sorry, Just trying to understand fully before suggesting an answer.

Hi. Kindly find photos as neck part bern  broken in buisqut fire,

I filled with gips inside ,

thinking its will supported better . 

Not sure if it's wrong... 

of in such case what best to do? 

Planned originally for outdoors. 

IMG_6431.PNG

Yes)) 

just try to find a correct way to deal with this cos gips with i use ( maybe unfortunately) started to create dump in brown clay.

so it's possible that second firing with transparent glaze can safe all of this?

Without really understanding this fully my suggestion is: If this is a finished product I would simply glue the two pieces using a good epoxy and finish the whole piece with a suitable paint.

Not many things survive a firing so I am going with the safe suggestion.

Glaze will not make this stronger: it does not act like glue. More heat from the kiln may also weaken your gypsum and make it brittle. I agree with Bill about the strong epoxy and the paint. 

Not sure what you mean about “dump.” Are you worried about the plaster coming out of the break? This can be sanded and smoothed down with sand paper easily. 

If i must put a ceramic bas-relief on the wall of soft lime-stone outdoors, by t pool.

what best to use to use 1/ cement or 2/ tile glue? Please???? 

As really epoxy glue  i find too expansive for bigger formats as its arounfpd 1,2 m long

Archived