Olympic kiln question

I'm trying to decide between getting an MAS2323HE Olympic kiln for my home studio or one of their freedom 2323HE packages. From what I can tell the main difference is that the Mas has a control panel that means the kiln can't be taken apart in pieces like the other kiln can. Is that an important feature? I want to make the right choice considering this is an investment for many years to come! 

Olympic kilns are a bit different sized so only their shelves fit well not standard shelves. Just a thought on shelve sizes.

Taking the kiln apart for moving is important.

I favor L&L kilns for they are the best built -yes they cost more.

Get the MAS. The control box comes off and the sections can come apart. It's actually much easier to work on than the Freedom. Also, it has a separate bottom slab, which makes it easier to move, setup, and repair. Freedom has a 4.5" high ring on top, which moves around way too much due to the weight of the hinge, and ends up crumbling the brick. Not a good design. I've never understood why they did it that way. Also, the bottom slab on the Freedom is attached to the bottom ring via the outer metal jacket, which makes brick repairs to the bottom ring more difficult, and makes replacing the bottom slab, should it ever need it, more difficult.

19 hours ago, Mark C. said:

Olympic kilns are a bit different sized so only their shelves fit well not standard shelves. Just a thought on shelve sizes.

Taking the kiln apart for moving is important.

I favor L&L kilns for they are the best built -yes they cost more.

I don't see where they're any different than other brands. A 21" shelf will fit just fine.

Archived