Kiln Hours To Fire

murf

I do the repairs for a local guild on their coneart kilns , the model I am inquiring about  is the 2336D oval kiln .If firing time on this kiln on fast glaze to cone 5 was 11.8 hrs. I was wondering if anyone has had any experience with this unit and let me know if this seems reasonable.The element are new as well as the three tc 's and relays have all been metered and working properly Thank you .

How dense was the load? Just in case you haven't seen it I posted the firing schedule times for ^04 and 6 for the Bartlett controller below. 12 hours for a fast glaze preprogrammed firing is long unless there are a lot of shelves tightly packed. (I've got a different ConeArt kiln but don't use the preprogrammed schedules so no help there.)

ps - yay, another Canadian here!!! Happy Canada Day  :)

post-747-0-60533700-1498925773_thumb.png

thanks for the replies and yes ditto on the Canada day Birthday, the load was empty shelves dividing the three  Zones . Thanks to you too Marcia for the reply have a great day.

It all depends on the density of the load and the power of the kiln. If the element resistance, voltage, thermocouples, etc. are all correct, then that's probably normal for that kiln. My big kiln can't do a fast firing anywhere near as quickly as my little kiln.

Archived