Is There A Clay That Fires Gold/ochre?

oddartist

As artists I'm sure most of you have that thing in your head that screams "MAKE ME!!!" that won't leave you alone until you attempt it. This is my current excuse for lack of sleep. There's a thing in my head screaming but I can't find the color of clay I envision. Here's a photo of sand that is the exact color I want. http://pt.forwallpaper.com/wallpaper/grains-of-sand-wind-dust-yellow-yellow-orange-174514.html

If there is no such unicorn, please let me know so I can discard this idea. Or is there a way to achieve this by adding a colorant? Think vitrified Redstone but in ochre instead. I will be glazing the inside but I want the outside surface to be as natural as possible. I can supposedly fire to cone 10 (electric) but prefer a low or mid fire clay.

Help me please?

Family visit - left America's armpit decades ago and will not be moving  back. And BTW JohnnyK, we're neighbors! I'm in Antelope!

As for my question - finally found where someone had the same question in 2013 and I guess the answer is mason stains.

However, since I'll have a rental car, I'd like to know if there are any suppliers in the greater Phoenix area and/or Prescott, Sedona, or Chino Valley, etc. that might be worth a stop. I'd like to see what clays are available.

Flying out in a couple of weeks. Trying to travel light so I can bring a block of something home. Alpha has Sedona Gold, which I may well try, but it's my understanding it will be more of a brown at cone 5. IMCO doesn't have anything - spoke to them the other day when I bought some of their cone 6 porcelain to play with (which btw I think I'm in love with).

Archived