Qotw: What Other Things Beside Clay Have You Mastered?

Wiggling my nose, spitting a grape up into the air and catching it in my mouth again, catching lizards/amphibians/snakes by hand, and living on a boat with no electricity for a year. Not much to "master" but I also love to design logos, professional makeup, garden, paint/sketch/ink, and hiking. Can you even master hiking? Not sure what that would entail, but pretty sure Muir would have anyone beat.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I have by no means mastered clay. In fact, I am its prisoner - chasing elusive results that I seldom achieve. But there is fun in the pursuit.

I have mastered being comfortable in my own skin and in quickly throwing together decent meals out of whatever is around.  rakuku

I agree with others, I have not mastered anything. I do many things well, like wood working, sewing, training dogs, gardening, baking and organizing. To say one has mastered pottery would be quite difficult since there are so many facets to it.

Working with clay is an ongoing learning experience so I can't say that I've mastered that but I'm extremely comfortable and confident in my abilities. I obtained a very high level of proficiency with tennis and inline skating, including teaching both, but my skills have been declining as I get older. However, I've mastered the art of gaining weight every fall and winter and losing it in the spring.

Paul

Archived