Broke My Sprayer, What Kind To Buy?

I just dropped the paasche sprayer, that blue plastic one, they don't make the thing in metal anymore. It cracked in half, the compressor went nuts,emptied itsself, the hose flew all over the place, scared the old dog to death, the studio cat ran out the window, and I 'm dead in the water with 10 more pots to spray.

I a slew of bottles that fit that one, but I hate to buy another plastic sprayer.

What kind will work with my 1.5 hp 2gallon compressor, and last with glaze? I need something that can have glaze changes made easily, and uses a container that can be found easily. I'm not doing any fine line spraying, but might if I had a gun that would do that, as well as larger areas.

Is anyone using the Little Critter ? I like that it uses mason jars. I don't think the kind where the container is upside down over the sprayer will work for me.

What do you use, and would you buy it again?

I just dropped the paasche sprayer, that blue plastic one, they don't make the thing in metal anymore. It cracked in half, the compressor went nuts,emptied itsself, the hose flew all over the place, scared the old dog to death, the studio cat ran out the window, and I 'm dead in the water with 10 more pots to spray.

I a slew of bottles that fit that one, but I hate to buy another plastic sprayer.

What kind will work with my 1.5 hp 2gallon compressor, and last with glaze? I need something that can have glaze changes made easily, and uses a container that can be found easily. I'm not doing any fine line spraying, but might if I had a gun that would do that, as well as larger areas.

Is anyone using the Little Critter ? I like that it uses mason jars. I don't think the kind where the container is upside down over the sprayer will work for me.

I use atomizers with the attached can hooked to the compressor by an inserted blow nozzle. Quick, easy, cheap, but not fine!

Unfortunately Paasche changed the 62 to plastic and I am not real happy with it but n my opinion it is still the best sprayer for general glazing, I have several and use them regularly. The Paasche 62 puts out a lot of glaze. Paasche also makes the model "L" and it has cannisters that are readily changed so you can load them with different glazes and just swap them out with just a twist of the thumb screw.

Regards,

Charles

Archived