albany slip

CAR

This past winter we had two floods in my studio basement from heaven rains. Most of the chemicals I had stored down there were in airtight containers. They were fine.  I had gotten a large bag of Albany slip from a retiring potter, it was doubled bagged in plastic garbage bags. I thought it was safe. Turns out there must have been a hole in the bag and it got very wet.  Is there any way to save it? 

11 hours ago, CAR said:

So any suggestions on the best way to dry it out?  I also had some Nepheline Syenite get wet  can i just dry that out too?   

Yes -spread it out on plastic sheets or in tubs or whatever you have -just keep it clean-mpost glaze materials will not be harned by getting wet. 

Dry in the sun (not sure where you are located) so sun may niot be around in the south pole this time of year. Cover at night so dew keeps off it.

Great idea. We have been having a lot of rain up here in Vermont so I was reluctant to put it out in the sun. My husbands greenhouse (he is the gardener in the family) is pretty empty now so there is room in there. 

Thanks

Archived